Saturday, March 3, 2012

Birthday Week

Birthdays are exciting and fun. I did not know this before. For several weeks it was - "Amma, When is my birthday?" "In a few more days". I knew my special day (that's how I call it) was a Monday (Feb 20th) Never have I been so excited about a Monday. Seeing my parents prepare cake, snacks, fudge, goody bags, I felt dizzy in excitement. To top it off my parents humored me starting Saturday. Before I slept on Sunday night, I said to my ammA " kaarthala nee, appa, madhura 'happy birthday' paadi enna ezhupavai ila? " (Won't you, appA and madhura sing happy birthday to wake me up in the morning?) Had to make sure that my birthday started off the way I dreamed. Monday started with "Happy Birthday" song, kisses, hugs, phone calls and new dresses. We were off to Color Me Mine to celebrate my birthday painting with my dear friends. My birthday pictures speak better of the fun we had and the memorable birthday I celebrated.

On Tuesday when I woke up I asked "Inniki ennoda birthday kadaiyadhu la?" (Today is not my birthday right?) Seeing me in a bit of low spirit, my parents declared the week as my special week.

I sure learnt that I can change one special day into a special week. Now how about we think of a special month/year? :)

No comments: