Saturday, March 3, 2012

911 sisters

Sirens, fire engine and men marching with boxes - this scared me when ammA called 911 for medical attention for Madhura a couple of weeks back. On 27th Feb 2012, I went to school as usual and around 2:30 p.m. I was climbing the ladder towards the slide. I missed a step and fell through the gap hitting my chin hard and biting my tongue badly. I screamed and bled profusely. My teachers immediately called ammA and also called 911 to stop the bleeding. Once again I heard the siren and saw men marching towards me. When ammA came to school with Madhura, I went to her crying. The paramedics and teachers were all praise for how brave I was and the only complaint that I had was that I could not go out and play again.

After the doctor checked me at the urgent care, she recommended ammA to take me to emergency room @ El Camino Hospital. I was sedated and a plastic surgeon sutured my split tongue with 20 stitches (yeah, it was that bad!). The pain, long waits, multiple consultations with doctors, shots, oxygen mask, sutures made it a long grueling day :( It was past mid night when I came back home.

After a day of silence and a couple of days of slurred speech , I am trying to be my normal self hoping that the stitches will dissolve soon.

Just like sisters get matching stuff, we did something uniquely matching. We just became the 911 sisters :)

No comments: