Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Good samaritan

One phone call made my ammA's and appA's day. It's not the news of their daughter being a topper/a star at school but news that she is a good human being. I did not think it was a great deed as it seemed like the right thing for anyone to do. I did not even mention this to my parents. So here is what happened...


My friend S came to school with a box of pizza for lunch. Her family was moving from one house to another and it was her lunch for the day. Imagine what kind of jealous response she would have got from the class. She is a generous soul and everyone just surrounded her and took some portion of the pizza without a thought. She was left with  2 meagre pieces for lunch and nothing else.

Feeling sad and alone, she sat in the class. I felt bad seeing her. I called her and sat with her for lunch. I offered the box of fruits which I had with me. She liked fruits and was happy to have them. She even offered to share what was left of her pizza. It was sooo... tempting  (you know I love cheese) but I refused as she needed the food and company to cheer her up.

We had a good time chatting and finishing our lunch. That's all happened and it was not much to go back home and report. But my friend thought it was so kind and sweet of me and recollected the incident to her parents. S's mom was touched that she picked up the phone to make that call...


(P.S. - Paaduka, when you read this post that we recorded on your behalf, know that you made appA and ammA proud as you are a good human being with a pure heart. Never ever trade that for anything as that's what makes you stand tall and head and shoulder above the rest)



No comments: